Guys, this recipe is so so good! Seriously. We love it.
To demonstrate, let's just say that Brad ate it for dinner on Sunday, took it for lunch on Monday,
and when my test on Monday forced us to eat left overs for dinner, he ate it again for dinner!
He kept saying "this sauce!"
It's in moments like that when I feel like I'm doing an okay job.
So here it it:
Still working on making the pictures look good...
I promise, it's delicious, even if my pictures sometimes look like it's not.
And there really is chicken under there somewhere... the sauce is just so good!
2 chicken breasts
1/2 stick (4 T) butter, plus 1T, divided
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced and pressed
18 oz. Mushrooms (I buy a package of sliced mushrooms, but you could slice your own too)
1 t oregano
1 t parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1 c. sour cream
For the Chicken:
1. Cut each breast into 3 or 4 thin pieces
2. Melt 1T Butter in a medium large skillet over medium high heat
3. Salt and pepper the chicken to taste
4. Add chicken to butter and cook on each side until browned, about 8-10 min. on each side
(Some don't like their chicken super browned, but we like it really done. You're personal choice here)
Mushroom Cream Sauce
1. Melt 1/2 stick butter in medium sauce pan
2. Add garlic and onion. Sautee 3 minutes
3. Stir in Mushrooms, coating in butter. The mushrooms will soak up most of the butter
4. Add oregano, parsley, and salt.
5. Let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Stir in sour cream.
7. Bring mixture to a boil
8. Turn down the heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
The sauce may need a little extra salt. Just depends.
Serve sauce over chicken.
Option: place chicken over fettuccine noodles. We like it best this way.
This really is so good, and pretty simple. Brad says that he could drink the sauce by itself.
I'm not so sure about that, but it is really good. So give it a shot and let us know what you think!