These two months have been absolutely wonderful! We feel so blessed to have this beautiful little girl!
Everyone told us that you would grow up too fast, but we didn't realize just how fast that would be! You grow and change every day and we can't believe how big you are getting!
You turned 2 months old yesterday! Today at the doctor, we learned that you weigh 12 pounds (73rd percentile) are 23.25 inches long (86th percentile) and have a head circumference of 16 inches (98th percentile)! You definitely have a big brain in that adorable head of yours! The doctor said that you are looking great and we couldn't agree more! You got your first round of shots today and you did pretty well but I sure did have a hard time watching you scream when you were pricked! I think your legs are still a little sore, but we are just cuddling while you don't feel so well.
In the last couple of days, you started having some bad reflux. In the past, you would spit up and it wouldn't bother you, but last week every time you spit up, you would scream and cry and be in a lot of pain. We took you to the doctor and he diagnosed you with reflux and started you on some Zantac and that has been a life saver! You are back to our happy baby and we are so glad that you aren't hurting any more! The medicine must be kind of yucky because we have a pretty hard time getting you to take it, but we get it down eventually!
The best thing that happened this month is that you started smiling!! You have the cutest baby smile and we love to make all sorts of silly faces to see that beautiful smile of yours. Your whole face lights up and it is the best thing ever!
Your hair has grown a lot on the sides, but not a ton on the top. People still point out how much hair you have! It really is a lot. We love it!
This month, we moved you from sponge baths to the baby bath and you like that much better. You like sitting in the warm water and smile through the whole thing. You especially like having your hair washed. We give you and extra little head massage and you eat it up!
Daddy was at home with us for this entire month!! He had a one month break between school and his summer internship and it was so fun to have him at home. You love to have dance parties with your daddy and especially love dancing to "Party in the USA." I love watching the two of you. Daddy loves to snuggle with you and talk with you and you love your time with daddy. Sadly, he has to start workso we won't have him home during the day. That will be hard on all of us.
One of my favorite things to do with you is sit on the ground and put you on my legs. We talk (you are definitely starting to find your voice with all sorts of cute coos), we sing songs, we play little hand games, and it's just so much fun!
You started using your play mat and you are definitely liking it! It's so much fun to watch you look up at the little animals and get so excited. You also like to look at yourself in the little mirror. So cute!
Your neck is getting so strong! You can hold your head up all by yourself for a long period of time, though you still don't have a lot of control over it. You want to see everything around you and you love to look all over and take it all in. You still don't love tummy time but you're getting better.
You are now taking a bottle! So that means I can pump and daddy or someone else can feed you! We don't do that all that often, but it's nice that we can.
You are becoming a better sleeper for the most part. You generally have a 5 hour stretch and then two 2 to 3 hour stretches. You are getting better at napping too. We usually have you awake for an hour and a half and then put you down for a nap. That makes for about three naps a day. You nap from 45 min to an hour and a half each nap. The better you nap, the better you sleep at night. They say "sleep begets sleep" at this age.
This month saw a lot of firsts!
- first time at church. We have been three times now and you have been perfect every time! You sleep through the first hour, eat duringschool, and smile and coo during relief society, falling asleep at the end.
- first road trip. We went to Idaho for a weekend trip to go to my cousin Kinzi's bridal shower. You were perfect and slept the entire 4 hours there! We stopped half way so that you could get out of your car seat, stretch, and eat and you fell right back to sleep! On this trip you were able to meet lots of new people and you saw Grandma and Grammy again!
- first trips to the grocery store. The first time, you were so good and slept through the entire thing. The second time, you screamed through the entire store and I rushed through, forgetting a few things on my list. You were super upset during that trip and made sure the whole store new it, but we still love you!
- first outing alone with mom. For the first few outings, daddy came along and I sat in the back seat with you while daddy drove. But we bought a little mirror so I can see you from the front and now I feel comfortable taking you out by myself.
- first cold. This one was not so fun. You slept less and were a bit fussy. But colds just have to run their course.
- first shots. We already talked about this one. Update: I'm adding pictures during one of your naps the day after your shots and you are feeling much better! You slept really well and you are back to your happy self this morning!
- first time in the baby carrier. We both love the baby carrier! It's great because we still get to be close and snuggle and I have my hands free if I need to be doing other things too.
- first social smile. Like I said earlier, this is the best part about you growing older! We love our baby smiles!
Baby girl, this has been one amazing month! I love you more and more every single day and just can't wait to see what each day is going to hold. You are so very special. You already have the cutest little personality and we just eat it up. Thank you for a great month!
All my love,